Thursday 16 April 2009

I dreamed a dream (Les Miserables)

Im inspired to share this clip when I watched the sensational rendition of the song from one of the contestants of the popular UK talent show, Britain Got Talent. Her name is Susan Boyle, a Scottish 47 years old that impressed the judges, including Simon Cowell himself and a big surprise to everyone.

Well, there is so much talks over Youtube channel now after Susan's clip was posted this week. It is annoying to read comparisons between Lea Salonga who sung it in Broadway and Susan who just starting her quest to a new career. Frankly speaking, there is no comparison at all - it is like comparing an apple and pineapple. The message of the song is really beautiful and while watching Susan, it reminded me of the musical that Ive watched live in West End two years ago and Im still hoping that I will be able to watch Lea singing this song as she did it on this video, maybe in Broadway...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's actually one of my frustrations in life. To see Le Mis with Leah on it. Kaya lang parang hindi na magkakatoo. I also wishes I could see Miss Saigon pero hindi rin natuloy. Kakainis. I really should have.

Alam mo ba na kabisado ko ang mga kanta sa Le Mis? Hahaha. Ganyan ako ka-afficionado.

Read your PEBA entry. Good luck po.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I meant 'I also wished I could see Miss Saigon'. Dear me!

Reymos said...

Sorry for a long delayed reply to your posts. Unfortunately, I can't remember much of the songs in the musical, thus it is a good reason to watch it again and again!